Chile Con Queso Dip
In honor of our new flavor, we wanted to share with you a Chile con Queso dip inspired by the ingredients found in our new seasoning blend.
· ½ tomato, diced (save insides)
· 3 jalapenos, diced (save seeds)
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· ½ white onion, diced
· 1 pint heavy cream
· 4 ½ cups white cheddar, grated
· 1 T unsalted butter
- Over medium heat, warm heavy cream until it simmers.
- Meanwhile, lightly sauté white onion for approx. 10 min.
- Add tomato cores, ½ red bell pepper, and ½ the jalapeno into pot and cook until very tender over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of the heated cream to the pot with the other ingredients (onion, pepper, tomato.)
- Add 2 cups of grated cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add rest of cream and cheese stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the jalapeno with seeds and red bell pepper.
- Salt to taste, serve with chips, and enjoy!