Today, Hen of the Woods is excited to announce the addition of passionate kettle chip enthusiast Henrietta the Hen to its C-level team.
Chile Con Queso Dip
In honor of our new flavor, we wanted to share with you a Chile con Queso dip inspired by the ingredients found in our new seasoning blend.
· ½ tomato, diced (save insides)
· 3 jalapenos, diced (save seeds)
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· ½ white onion, diced
· 1 pint heavy cream
· 4 ½ cups white cheddar, grated
· 1 T unsalted butter
- Over medium heat, warm heavy cream until it simmers.
- Meanwhile, lightly sauté white onion for approx. 10 min.
- Add tomato cores, ½ red bell pepper, and ½ the jalapeno into pot and cook until very tender over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of the heated cream to the pot with the other ingredients (onion, pepper, tomato.)
- Add 2 cups of grated cheese, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add rest of cream and cheese stirring constantly.
- Add the rest of the jalapeno with seeds and red bell pepper.
- Salt to taste, serve with chips, and enjoy!
“Do you guys make a spicy chip?
It was hard saying no to that question for the past year since we pulled our old spicy chip from the line up. We knew we wanted to make it again, but we wanted it to be better than before and offer something that other "spicy" chips didn't...